I wish I took before pictures for this project, but alas, I didn't. Picture, if you will, an average Ikea desk, with one drawer to the right of where you'd sit, and a pull-out keyboard platform under the main desk, the whole thing rectangular. I removed the keyboard platform and drawer, and sawed off the desk from the drawer section to the right. This revealed a nasty looking side section from where the main desk and drawer section separated, so that side became the new table's bottom. On it I found the center, drew some lines to the corners, and installed these legs angled outwards from the center.
The whole thing was way easier than I thought it'd be. The fact that the legs weren't stained worked out in this case because the wood on the desk was so light, although next time I use some, and there definitely will be a next time (they have longer and shorter lengths of legs), I'll probably stain them. This worked out perfectly for us, because the desk was inherited from an old roommate, and was just taking up space in our extra room.
I honestly spent forever looking for these online, thinking for future crafts I'd have to rely on hairpin legs; don't get me wrong, I think they're excellent and I am definitely using them in the future, but one style could certainly become overwhelming, and in their case, costly. Especially for me. Cause I'm poor.
Finished project! Now if only I had $1500 to drop on a predicta.
The original desk looked like this one without the hutch on top.